Tool for Converting an OST File to PST in Outlook 2016
- A hassle-free technique to convert Outlook offline folders to PST
- Works with MS Outlook 2016 and all other previous versions
- Resolves issues with broken, corrupt or inaccessible PST or OST files
- Simple and secure to use
MS Outlook OST file is the replica of Exchange Server mailbox folders on local machines. It can only be accessed with the account that created it. Sometimes, when you need to access OST file on a completely different system at another location via Outlook and this is done only by converting OST to PST file format.
When MS Outlook is configured with Exchange Server, OST files are generated whereas PST files are created when MS Outlook works independently in the absence of Exchange Server. It is always suggested to store data existing in Exchange mailbox in a local file format as it offers accessibility in case of unreliable connectivity. In some situation, data are required to be accessed on another system, it can only be viewed when you convert OST to PST. For more details, you can visit this link: https://www.convert-ost-pst.net
More about OST Files:
- OST files are formulated in MS Exchange Server offline mode
- In the absence of connection of Exchange account, OST files can be used which helps in updating modifications to Exchange Server mailbox.
Convert Offline Folders to Personal Folders (OST to PST)
To get access to OST file’s mailbox folders, it is necessary to convert OST file to PST file. It also supports MS Outlook such as 2010, 2003, 2007, 2003, etc. There are few manual ways through which you can easily transfer Outlook 2016 OST to PST file are as follows.
Method 1: Archiving
It can convert data from Outlook 2016 OST to PST file by moving the OST mailbox folders to PST file format. The process can be done in the following steps:
- Launch MS Outlook app.
- Click on File option and then select Archive
- Choose the folder(s) or file(s) that needs to be archived
- Select the destination location to save Archive file in PST on system
- Click on ‘Finish’
Method 2: Export/ Import Wizard
Exporting Outlook 2016 OST file to PST is another method of moving info from Outlook 2016 OST to PST file. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 or previous version
- Open the File and select ‘Import & Export’
- Click on 'Export to a file'
- Select PST format
- Click on Finish option
As far as the Import and Export procedure is done, Outlook will start converting all the data of Outlook OST to PST file unless an existing password protected PST is selected.
- If the export is done to the existing a password protected file, then enter an appropriate password and click on OK button.
- On the other hand, if you wish to provide password to Outlook PST file then type password in the ‘Create Outlook data file’ box and then click on ‘OK’ option. ‘Outlook data file password’ box will appear, type the password and click on “OK” option.
Now, mailbox data are available in Outlook PST file format, as it can be moved to a new location in your system or any external storage device.
Method 3: Convert Outlook OST as PST file using Convert OST to PST Outlook Software 2016
By following above-mentioned steps, it is possible that your all attempt may fail. So, in such situation, you can opt automated solution to convert Outlook OST file to PST, as it a guaranteed solution to complete the Outlook OST file conversion in the first attempt. You can use Convert OST to PST Outlook Software 2016 over manual methods to preserve the integrity of data and confirm the security of all mailbox folders. Convert OST to PST Outlook Software 2016 is a proficient tool that helps to convert OST file to PST with ease. This utility converts OST to PST file on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc. Using the demo version of the software, you can check the efficiency of the tool. With the use of this software, you can also recover emails, journals, notes, tasks, contacts, etc. Convert OST PST software has enough potential to convert OST file into PST which can be created by any versions of Outlook like 2013, 2007, 2010, 2016 etc. very easily.
Steps Needed to Convert OST to PST in Outlook 2016:
Step 1: Download and Install the Convert OST to PST tool on your system. You can see two options from the home screen of the software namely "Open OST file" and "Find OST file". If you know the location of OST file on your system, select first option or else select the second.
Figure 1: Home Screen
Step 2: If you select "Find OST File" option, a new screen will appear from where you can search for the OST file using "Find" button. Once you found your lost OST file, then click on "Next" button.
Figure 2: Find OST File
Step 3: Now, specify the location of the converted file. Once you select this, you can click on "Convert" button.
Figure 3: Path of Converted Files
Step 4: After conversion, you can click on "Finish" button to wind up the process.
Figure 4: Final Stage