Safe and Secure
Microsoft Outlook application is one of the prominently utilized personal information manager worldwide developed by the Microsoft. Its main purpose is to provide communication via emails. This information manager provides user to manage all emails, calendars, appointments, journals and other Outlook attributes under one application. When the user uses this application all its attributes are stored on mail server and computer. Microsoft Outlook items can be saved in two different Outlook Data files know as .pst and .ost file. Let us know more about OST and PST file: PST file is Personal Storage Table that is created in the computer system by normal users or small companies. Users who use internet service provider (ISP) for network connectivity can save and manage all their Outlook emails, contacts, journals and other attributes in system in an Outlook Data folder called .pst.
Microsoft Exchange Server is an e-mail client that includes the e-mail server, email client and contact manager. MS exchange server is widely used in large companies in conjunction with MS Outlook application in order to take advantage of Outlook attributes like calendar, contacts, etc. If user has Microsoft Exchange Server account then all the Outlook items are sent to and stored on the exchange server. Its main advantage is that it facilitates user to work offline when internet connectivity is not available. When user is working offline, Microsoft Outlook will create a replica of user mailbox by name Offline folder with .ost extension. OST is also known as Offline Storage table which will store the offline work and all the changes made in offline mode. As soon as the network connection is available it will automatically get synchronized with Exchange Server and all changes made will get updated. Even if the user deletes any of the items from Outlook then it will be removed from the Exchange Server too. Sometimes, you may face issues while accessing or viewing your exchange data. However, there are many factors that may lead to OST corruption.
General scenarios that lead to OST file corruption are explained below:
- OST Header File Corruption: The most vital component of OST file is OST header file. It contains important information of exchange file which is must to access it. If this file gets corrupted or damaged due to some reasons then, it may lead to Offline Outlook Data File corruption.
- Exchange Server Upgradation: To improve email access or performance of existing Exchange Server, administrative can upgrade older version Exchange Server to a newer version of the Server. During this upgrade process it is possible that OST file present in the mailbox may get corrupted.
- Synchronization Error: Offline Data file automatically get synchronized, when server mailbox is connected to the network and all the modification made in offline mode is updated in the Server. But if there is any interruption while this process then it may lead to synchronization error messages. Thus synchronization errors can cause Offline Outlook Data corruption.
- Other Factors: Other Factors that can contribute to OST corruption are sudden termination of the system, abrupt Outlook termination and Bad Sectors.
Hence, in all above-mentioned cases, you can effortlessly fix it by re-building OST file and then converting it into PST by using efficient OST to PST conversion software.
Why OST to PST Conversion Software?
In many organizations, some employees at the time of leaving their present job will delete their Microsoft Outlook account or take Offline Data file with them. The fact is that if they delete MS Outlook account, data will be stored on exchange server. In other condition, if they take OST file then data can be accessed using their account that created it. But what if you don’t have any access to the computer that created OST file? Is that you won’t be able to view it? At certain times you may need Microsoft OST to PST converter tool which can be rebuilt OST file and then convert to Personal Storage file. Thus, OST to PST Conversion file for Windows is the best software to get back corrupted or inaccessible Offline Data File.
Convert OST to PST Tool can fix all types of issues related to Microsoft Offline Outlook Data file. It can easily convert inaccessible OST to accessible Personal Storage Table and along with that, it can also recover all emails, contacts, journals, notes, calendar, task, appointments and other Outlook attributes. It has inbuilt repairing algorithm which will easily repair and convert an OST to a PST file without modifying the original content of the file as it works on read-only mechanism. This conversion tool can easily convert password protected OST file to healthy PST file. This OST converter Software has advanced features that will easily convert highly encrypted OST files within a few simple mouse clicks. So, it is the best program using which all Outlook users can come to know how to convert an OST file to a PST file with utmost ease. A user can even use this tool to convert healthy OST file to Personal Storage Table file as per his convenient use without any difficulties.
Apart from above-mentioned features, it is designed in a very simple way so that users with less technical knowledge can run it without any professional help in order to convert OST into PST file. Convert OST to PST tool works effectively with all the versions of MS Outlook like Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016. It has the ability to even convert OST file to Outlook 2003 PST, which is the older version of Microsoft Outlook with ease. It can also repair and convert orphaned OST file to Personal Storage Table. This tool is compatible with all the latest versions of Microsoft Windows operating system such as Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 and 2008 to convert offline OST to PST file.
Some errors messages you might encounter with OST:
Sometimes a user might observe different error messages when attempts to access the damaged or inaccessible Offline Storage Table file. When this file gets severely corrupt due to some general factors then different types of errors come into the picture. Let us see some of them:
- “Cannot open your default email folders. The file xyz.OST is not an offline folder file”.
- “This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network admin. Error is [0x80040111-00000000-00000000]”.
- “Errors in background synchronization. In most cases, more information is available in a synchronization log in the deleted items folder”.
- “Task ‘Microsoft Exchange Server – Sending’ reported error (0x8004060C): ‘The message store has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this message store, select some items that you no longer need, and permanently delete them”.
- “Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. Errors could have been detected in the file abc.OST. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool”.
- “Errors have been detected in the file. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool”.
Such above-mentioned Outlook errors can be fixed manually. If some errors cannot be fixed manually or occur due to corrupt OST then make use of Convert OST to PST software to easily convert damaged Offline Outlook Data Files to healthy PST file. It also facilitates users to convert healthy or corrupted Exchange OST to PST file, and to know more about Exchange OST to PST conversion process, visit this page: www.convert-ost-pst.net/exchange.html
Some Safety Measures to be taken to avoid OST corruption:
- Avoid abrupt termination of MS Outlook application and system.
- Avoid interruption while synchronization process is going on.
- Follow proper procedure while carrying out the Exchange Server upgrades.
Find out, how to convert OST to Outlook PST file
Step 1: - Launch this application, a window will emerge that will ask you to pick either "Open OST File" or "Find OST File". Click on the option "Find OST File" if you are not sure about the exact location of the OST file.
Step 2: In this step, you will get a screen with the help of which you need to find the OST file. Click on the "Find" option and then hit "Next" option to proceed further.
Step 3: Soon after hitting on "Next" button the next screen will pop up. From this window, select the location where you want to save the converted OST file. Then click on "Convert" option immediately to begin the conversion process.
Step 4: Once the process is completed click on "Finish" button to terminate the process.