Fix and Migrate Corrupt Outlook OST to PST Files
OST stands for Offline Storage Table. It is a convenient offline file format for retrieving any stored information in Microsoft Outlook. OST files are mainly used in offline mode. It works well in a particular area where Outlook is configured with an exchange server in order to communicate and to share all the necessary information. It helps you to transfer your important mails from an exchange inbox to the personal folder of your Outlook profile. It synchronizes with an exchange server in order to create a mirror image of all your important data stored in the exchange server of Microsoft Outlook. It is essential to connect with a configured exchange server in order to make any alteration in your OST files. Whereas, PST file is just a storage location on your hard disk other than exchange server. PST stands for Personal Storage Table. Every single mail or any other items of Outlook such as Calendars, Tasks, and Notes, etc. are stored in .pst file format. PST file is the physical file of your Outlook which is located on your hard drive under which stores all the Outlook data.
As we know, an OST file has the ability to create an exact replica of PST file. Therefore, it is very essential to repair corrupted OST file in order to convert it in PST file format, if it is not working properly due to any reason. This conversion will help you to keep a backup of all your important data. Once OST file gets corrupted, you will not be able to access it at any cost. Import and Export wizard provided by Outlook helps you to export and import all your mail from OST files to PST files respectively. This is the most convenient way of converting OST files to PST files, but sometimes this wizard fails to work properly. In that situation, you may lose some of your important mails, and you may need to use third party application to convert Exchange mailbox to PST file. Reasons responsible for OST file conversion are mentioned below:
- Retrieving data in case of emergency: In case of emergency for e.g. when you are on leave for a day from your work and your boss wants to access some information that you have stored in your Outlook profile then in that scenario it is necessary to convert OST file to PST file. The another scenario of an emergency is when a particular employee has left the office forever in that case it is very essential to convert OST file to PST file in order to access all the critical information.
- Converting OST to PST in order to accommodate all the files within a specific size limit: It is essential that you check the size limit of your Outlook profile in order to accommodate every single file within a specific size limit. Once it exceeds and goes beyond the default limitation, then there are chances that your file may get corrupted. Therefore, in order to protect your critical data stored in Outlook files it is necessary to convert OST files to PST files.
There are many reasons which are responsible for OST file corruption which can create obstacles in converting OST files to PST files. Some of the important reasons are as follows: -
- Network problem: Network plays an important role in the synchronization process. Your conversion process may get affected by the failure of network connection. Your OST file gets corrupted if the conversion process gets interrupted in between. This is one of the most prominent reasons which can prevent the conversion process of OST file to PST file.
- Power failure and improper shutdown: If your system shuts down suddenly due to power failure or any other reason, your conversion process will be affected. This can also be responsible for OST file corruption which may prevent you to re-start your conversion process on a fresh note. Power failure or sudden system shut down affects the synchronization of the conversion process.
- OST files oversized above 2GB: When OST file exceeds a specific size limit of Microsoft Outlook then there are chances that your file gets corrupted. Outlook 2000 has 2 GB size limit, Outlook 2003 has 20GB size limit whereas Outlook 2007 and 2010 has 50GB size limit. Once your OST file gets corrupted then you will not be able to retrieve any data until and unless you fix the problem of file corruption.
If this happens with you at any point of time then you can always try the manual process of converting OST file to PST file. In such a situation, performing manual OST to PST conversion is an ideal way to extract the data from inaccessible OST file. Sometimes, you come across an error message stating that "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The operation failed" when you try to log on to MS Exchange Server in order to access user mailboxes.
As soon as it appears your conversion process gets stopped in between. It happens because of OST file corruption or because of synchronization issue with MS exchange server. In order to resolve this problem, you must take the help of best Microsoft Outlook OST to PST file converting program. Convert OST to PST software is an efficient and the most effective software for converting OST file into PST file. With the help of this software, you can safely convert OST data file to PST data file on Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 and can get all the useful information, E-mails, Tasks and Calendars, etc in PST file format. It has been structured in such a way so that it can easily convert corrupted and inaccessible OST file to PST file.This software also has the ability to convert corrupt OST to PST files after OST file sync process fails due to physical or logical corruption issues. It can also convert password protected PST files in an easy way. It is compatible with all OST files created on Microsoft Exchange 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010.
You can use this software by following three easy steps:
Step 1: Download and Install demo version of this software free of cost. As soon as you launch it, the main window will appear with two options "Open OST file" and "Find OST file". Click on Open OST file option as shown in Figure 1
NOTE: Following steps are related to Open OST file option. if you want to know the steps related to Find OST file option then go to the Outlook 2010 OST to PST file conversion page.
Figure 1 : Main Window
Step 2: As soon as you click on Open OST file option, a new window will appear where you need to click on "Browse" button in order to upload your OST file from its destination location. Once it gets uploaded, click on the “Next” button for furhter processing as shown in Figure 2
Figure 2 : Browse to Open OST file
Step 3: Once you click on next button, the software will start conversion process. After this, a new window will appear where you have to select a destination path for storing your converted OST file as PST by clicking on “Browse” button. As soon as you are done with this, you have to click on “Convert” button for further processing as shown in Figure 3
Figure 3 : Select path for storing converted OST file
Step 4: Click on “Finish” button, once the conversion process is over as shown in Figure 4
Figure 4 : Finish Window